Sunday, March 6, 2011

Making It Enjoyable

When we think of changes in diet or exercise we tend to think of restrictions, or a form of "punishment". If I look at it that way, it's not going to work. We seek enjoyment, pleasure - not punishment.
Learning to appreciate food as it was meant to be, without chemicals or insane amount of processing is actually more enjoyable than it sounds. I call it "extending my food vocabulary".  Trying different ethnic foods, new spices, is certainly fun.
Today, I finally took the trip to a special spice store with organic spices from all over the world and this is what I got:

I am looking forward to using them. I LOVE Tuscan food, so Tuscan Seasoning should come in handy.
I've never used Vanilla beans, surprisingly. The Four Pepper mix was too pretty to leave behind...
And, I'm all excited about  the whole nutmeg. It should bring a whole new flavour dimension to my cooking:)

I might just have to visit this store again.

No comments:

Post a Comment