What is the best thing about Kale?
There are so many answers:
The leaves are oh-so-pretty...
As you wash them water droplets cling to them and look like little gems.
You can study fractals on kale leaves :)
They are wonderful for your body.
THEY MAKE THE BEST SNACK - KALE CHIPS!
How to do it?
Preheat your oven 350 F- or if you have a dehydrator use that. (I have no recipe for dehydrator, still contemplating getting one)
- put kale leaves in a bowl of water , swish them around then rinse them well in a colander.
- trim the hard stems, cut the leaves into about 3" pieces
- pat them dry, put them in a large bowl add a spoonful or two of olive oil, make sure they get coated
- spread them in a single layer on a baking sheet
- bake for about 10 min. then turn them around and bake for another 10.
- sprinkle with (your choice) - sea salt
or - dulse (my current favourite
or - nutritional yeast.