Monday, February 13, 2012

A New Salad Recipe is Born

BI've been playing with recipes for a (near) future detox.
I was going to make the Kale Salad on the Whole Living Detox site (Ingredients below) - but I did not have red cabbage or carrots. I had a bag of Coleslaw - which proved to be perfect.
Dijon Mustard was MIA - I substituted with a fancy Tarragon Mustard which gave the salad a unique taste. I had to increase the dressing b/c I made a large amount.
We had a lot of it for lunch - leftovers were turned into a chickpea salad: I added a can of chickpeas:)


Kale Slaw with Red Cabbage and CarrotServes 4 
  • Kale, 1 bunch
  • Red cabbage, 1 small head
  • Carrot, 1
  • Fresh parsley, 1/4 cup leaves
  • Red onion, 1/4
  • Sunflower, pumpkin, and hemp seeds, 6 Tbsp 
  • Mixed Dijon mustard, 1 Tbsp
  • Extra-virgin olive oil, 1 Tbsp
  • Apple-cider vinegar, 1 tsp
  • Coarse salt and pepper





No comments:

Post a Comment