Friday, February 24, 2012

Day 1

Today, my friend and I officially started the Whole Living Detox.

I wish I could say that it all went well, I feel like a "million dollars".... (I was always puzzled when I heard that expression -I never knew those had feelings)
But: I woke up with a headache which progressed to "near-migraine" level.
I drank lots, did not help. I followed the detox instructions, told myself that all the fresh stuff will make it go away. It did not. Finally, I took an Advil. Not my choice product for a detox:). I took a nap.
Woke up with the same pain. Made myself a cup of black tea. (!) It's  a bit better.
I decided that I will continue drinking tea. I know from the last detox that I can go without coffee as long as I have my tea.

On more positive note:
Breakfast was a smoothie  (Banana, Carob, Coconut milk, Almond butter)
Snack:
Vegan herb crackers
Lunch:
Mushroom saute with Quinoa (as quinoa is not a a grain, therefore permissible)
Mixed Greens Salad with Homemade Lemon Tahini Dressing and Hemp Hearts.
Snack: dates
(several)
another smoothie (avocado, lemon, mango, flaxseed, coconut milk)
Dinner:
Potato-Leek  Soup, Green Salad with Pumpkin Seeds, Sundried Tomatoes, and Lemon Tahini Dressing.
Orange

Lots of herbal tea...

Discovery:
I LOVE hemp hearts.  I must incorporate them into food more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment