Monday, May 30, 2011

Monday - Week 3

I am using as much seasonal produce as possible.
This the prime time for Asparagus, Sugar Snap Peas (my favourites), Strawberries (soon), Cherries (soon).
We are getting the US version of the latter 3 right now - a reasonable choice.

Today:
We had a Salad with Romaine lettuce. I had to use up some Szechuan Tofu -
Roasted some Sugar Snap Peas and Cooked some Soba Noodles (buckwheat kind) - and we had Strawberries for Dessert. Simple but delicious.

Snacks are mostly yogurt and nuts (almonds, walnuts or pistachios)

Breakfast: if not oatmeal in some form then some Kashi Cereal. I prefer the ones with less than 10 g sugar per serving

On the exercise front:
I am finally back to running.  :)
(I had trouble with the back of my right knee after the race, then, when that got better, I had a fall (a week ago) and seriously bruised my left kneecap. It's finally better)

No comments:

Post a Comment