Friday, May 11, 2012

The Kitchen Sink

Well, almost.
Today's salad contained just about everything I had.
First, I found a container with leftover rice pasta.
I emptied it into a large bowl.
Then, I added a cup or so of frozen corn, I found some black Sesame seeds, Sunflower seeds, Hemp Hearts - in they went.  Some fresh peas, cut up Nori sheets, a can of Chickpeas, some tomatoes were next.
Then I remembered the local Asparagus and Kale in my fridge. I roasted those. Added my favourite Lemon Tahini dressing,  tossed it.
The Asparagus and Kale gave it a little twist.  A very satisfying lunch it was...
(I was out of red and green onions... I kind of missed those:) )

I know - it's not a 3 or 5 ingredient dish but still simple. No recipe to follow, no shopping involved - it uses what you have.



No comments:

Post a Comment