Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Guilt-free and Delicious

... what is: Spaghetti Squash. :)

And it's in season.

So, tonight, I made the following dish:

Roasted Tomatoes, Garlic and Sage with Spaghetti Squash

I roasted a Spaghetti squash (let it cool, discarded seeds/centre, shell and broke it into strands.)
I sliced a dozen Plum Tomatoes, roasted them in olive oil (at 400F)- sprinkled them with minced garlic
(I used a head of garlic) and salt and pepper. I have some fresh Sage growing on my front porch, so I added some for good measure (and apparently, good memory:) ).
Once the tomatoes  were done, I mixed them with the Spaghetti Squash and if I had some Parmesan cheese I may have sprinkled some on top. As it was, I was out of it and the dish was delicious nonetheless.

I found it delicious. The male members of the family were not so enthusiastic about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment