Friday, February 25, 2011

Strategies: Keeping Track

It's such a valuable tool.
Just recording what  I'm taking in makes me more conscious and actually makes me alter my choices.
This morning, I reached for Oatmeal, knowing that I have (many) alternative ways of flavouring it.

Carob is one of my favourite choices. It gives it a slightly sweet flavour.
Cocoa nibs  give it some crunch and deep chocolate-y taste
Frozen Fruit - banana slices, grapes, blueberries - plenty of sugar, but no empty calories.
Dry Fruit - plums, cherries, cranberries, dates, blueberries, raisins - a few of those can be very satisfying, especially if they had a chance to rehydrate.

Now, I don't put ALL of that in my Oatmeal.  Today, I had cold oatmeal with some carob, about a tsp of Cocoa nibs and 1/2 a banana (sliced, frozen).

So far  - so good.
1 sugar cube in my coffee.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment