Thursday, November 3, 2011

Starting a New Challenge

The Sugar Free Challenge:
No sugar or sugar substitutes for 10 days. Fruits are allowed- life is good:)

I was trying to post the Badge for the challenge but I failed miserably - so
here is the link,

What I hope to achieve?
A pause in sugar consumption. A lesser dependence on sweets during the holiday season.

With any challenge preparation is KEY.
On that note, yesterday, I baked a batch of Low Fat Fruit Muffins -
similar to this recipe
but the butter was replaced with one cup of unsweetened applesauce.
The result is a lovely, sweet and moist muffin.

I'm ok with no sugar in my coffee or tea.

Normally, I take a teaspoon of maple syrup in my oatmeal but a sprinkling of Carob powder or a few pieces of dried plums can make up for it.


No comments:

Post a Comment